Visit our Online Flea Market!

September 29, 2015


"Don't sweat the small stuff."

But, I do.  Decorating-wise.  It's the small stuff,
i.e., accessories, that gives me the most problems.

We all know someone who can take a monkey paper weight, rocks
and an old vase and create a beautiful tablescape.  I envy them.

The tops of armoires are the perfect areas to showcase
few special pieces or a cherished collection.





I think that a large percentage of decorating magazine readers get
more ideas from the accessories than from the large pieces of furniture.


Accent Areas give you the opportunity
to add color and texture to any room.

When the decor is sparse it's best to stick
with an uncluttered approach.

And it's okay to use big pieces on small spaces.

The distressed wood-base lamp compliments the shabby cabinet.

An uncluttered approach seems so much more sophisticated.



If you have a room that's really not coming together maybe
it's the small stuff that's the problem.  Just don't sweat it.

5 comments:

  1. It's the details that bring a home together. This is a very inspiring post. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anytime you can stack or clutter a little spot with your favorites, it is awesome! Anytime, I put out my favorites, I smile. Some call it clutter. I call it love! If it makes me happy, I don't sweat it, I stack it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I am concerned its all in the little details, that's what pulls it altogether. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas !
    I agree it is the small stuff that makes me tired of trying different looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The library card holder is my favorite! You saved the best for last! The fan is so classic and old-Florida/Caribbean looking, which I'm loving lately. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete