Visit our Online Flea Market!

June 5, 2014


A Before and After Thursday?  What's the world coming to?!
  
Yes, Fridays at fleaChic are usually reserved for Before and After
projects but let's just live a little dangerously this week.  Ready?
 
  A little beach bungalow was just bursting with potential:  Sunset Homes
   What a beautiful transformation!
 
 
  This before kitchen isn't terrible, just a little dark and compact:        Sunset Homes
                                                                                                                                  After:
 A gorgeous new skylight and an expanded window change the lighting situation completely.  The wall of cabinets is amazing, isn't it?  And I just realized that the floor and ceiling are reflections of each other.  Very cool. 
  
 
A tiny backyard went from over grown to all grown up
  Before                                                   After
 
 
 
The distressed Mid-Century Modern dresser, left, was in fairly pitiful shape: 
  What a stylish makeover!  I love that they found period appropriate hardware and hand painted the sides of the drawers. 
 
 
Another end table rescued from a thrift shop:
 Number Fifty-Three
 
 
 
A yard sale chest had missing laminate and looked pretty hopeless:

Did you just say, "No way"?!

 
All this dresser needed was a paint job:  

 
 
 
   Priced at $1 each these vintage lamps now looks like a million bucks:

 
 
A nifty little chest went from blah to groovy: 

Yes, I said groovy.


 
 
Urban Comfort is one classy site - beautiful photos and realistic, down-to-Earth projects.  Here are a couple of makeovers that were featured on the blog last year that you'll probably find interesting:
 
 
Three words, guys:  paint, paint, paint!
 
Here's more proof to back up the 3 P's:

From gnarly 1970s dresser to sophisticated buffet.
I would have bought this piece for the hardware alone.
 
Many of you are aware that I have struggled with my posts for several weeks.  Apparently, after consulting with numerous professionals, my laptop is possessed.  It rejected Chrome and absolutely will not allow me to reload it which makes BlogSpot blogging extremely difficult.
 
Tomorrow Mom and I leave for a quick road trip up to Washington DC, for my granddaughter's high school graduation.  While I'm gone the Demon Controlled laptop will be in the shop where it will receive a much needed exorcism.
 
Please email me any incantations you think might help the process.  In the meantime, enjoy your weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Makes me want to get busy. Just hot! Too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Before and After projects are so inspiring, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful before and after's. Thank you so much for sharing
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love before and afters. It always gives me inspiration.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially like the smaller projects that don't take more than a day or two. Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. I have a nine drawer lowboy that has been crying for an update. That white dresser with the aqua drawers is a perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take lots of Before & After pictures. The white and aqua combination are so refreshing.

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed all the photos! Have been catching up. Your daughter is very pretty. Oh, I would love to own that old needlework book. How rare and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I was intrigued by the needlework book - in all my years of shopping at flea markets, estate sales, yard sales, thrift shops and antique stores I've never seen anything like that book. One-of-a-kind antiques and collectibles are fascinating.

      Delete