Visit our Online Flea Market!

July 30, 2014

Welcome to an I-Could-Make-That Wednesday!


Toss your mail on the kitchen counter or keep
it organized in a custom made mail box:
Listed on Etsy for $43 plus shipping, you could make one for under $15.  


You might use a 'normal' glass vase or you could
display your flowers with a country flair:
This trio is listed on Etsy for $36 (plus shipping) but you could pick up a few Ball canning jars at a flea market or thrift shop for around $2 each and paint with chalk paint (or use a Dollar Tree acrylic with a little flour added!)  
These beautiful colors make a lovely Autumn presentation.


Priced at $25 per letter, EAT + shipping could quickly take a bite out of your budget.  These type of letters are available at Walmart or at large craft stores for around $4 each.  


A single 12" letter sells for $33 online:
Make your own for MUCH less.


Up for a game of ring toss?
It took a second glance to realize that these milk bottles are actually wine bottles spray painted white.  With shipping, this unique game will cost you almost $100.  Save your wine bottles, grab a can of white matte spray paint and keep your eyes open for a small wood crate.  


Not too long ago I was at a flea market where I
found a box of rusty skeleton keys for $3 each.
These necklaces are priced at $18 each on Etsy.

A rustic growth chart ruler makes a charming baby gift:
But, priced at over $80 with shipping, it can be a little steep.  Make your own for around $20 with materials from a home improvement store.

I don't have to beat you over the head with a growth chart board to get across the point that you don't have to spend a small fortune on gifts or home accessories.  Consider making a few of your own creations and see how much you can save.

20 comments:

  1. I always love, love, love reading your blog and sometimes share your link on my facebook. I know it's a lot of work and thank you for always sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I truly enjoy fleaChic and just can't seem to let it go. It does take quite a chunk out of my day but I'm a writer at heart and, without ads, I have complete control. That's the Bossy Heifer in coming out! Thanks, Jan

      Delete
  2. Some really brilliant ideas, you are so right I really could do that! I particularly like the mail box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the number of places you can find a small crate. In thrift shops I always check along the bottom of crowded shelves and under tables. It's all about The Hunt! -- Jan

      Delete
  3. Hey Jan, count me as a visitor, I like you flea market savvy.....wonderful ideas, saw you on the side of Birds, Bees, Blossoms, well Sandy's blog, and what you do here o lady I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I grew up listening to my thrifty grandmother's conversations and comments. My favorite quote of her's was: "A woman can throw more out the back door in a teaspoon than a man can bring in the front door in a wheel barrow!"

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! Love the growth ruler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable, isn't it? And, a great baby shower gift!

      Delete
  5. Lots of great ideas, thank you!

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. You must never know what you're going to find here from day to day!

      Delete
  6. Love all the ideas. I am going to copy and paste and save for later. Great projects. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. I'm endlessly impressed by the imagination and ingenuity of creative people and love to share ideas. There don't seem to be enough hours in a day when it comes to crafting and making gifts.

      Delete
  7. Some great ideas in here, thanks.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I had fun compiling these photos.

      Delete
  8. Good evening Jan,
    What great ideas.... Boy, the ring toss sure brought back memories... I love the ball canning jars.. They are just lovely! I think it is always a good idea to try and do it yourself if possible... Easy on the pocket book.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are encouraging people to COPY someone else's work.
    yes they may be simple projects, but there is a real person behind those etsy photos trying to make a living. you have taken their photo and slammed them for charging what the market bears.

    maybe this wouldn't have rubbed me the wrong way if you had used the word INSPIRE somewhere in there. this post just came off as tacky.

    ReplyDelete