Visit our Online Flea Market!

March 18, 2014


Want a fun idea for a party theme?  Ask guests to bring a piece of thrift
shop art then have them enhance the work with their own special talent.

That's what artist Dave Pollot does - he finds thrift
store paintings and adds his own whimsical touch:









Dave doesn't sell his original works but he does sell prints
at extremely reasonable prices - usually under $15.00.














Even the Masters aren't exempt from Dave's creative touch.



The next time you're looking for an inexpensive but unusual
gift consider making a 'master' of your own!  All you need is
decoupage paste and a funny cartoon or magazine picture to insert.


Tuesday's Miss Money Pitt Update
I've always felt that the foyer set the tone of the house.  Unfortunately,
Miss Money Pitts' foyer was a startling turquoise when we acquired her.

Before

 During 
(Several layers of Kilz)

More During



Still more 'during' - we're waiting for the
wallpaper that's been on back-order for 2 months!
Boswell is enduring it very patiently.

The floor magicians (refinishers) are here today to finish the upstairs
hardwood.  We're so excited - we've been in the house for 5 months
and after they work their magic we'll finally be able to move into
the master bedroom.  Progress!

6 comments:

  1. I just love the idea about repurposing those Master's. I belong to Swap-bot and have an art group and would like to use his idea for one of my painting swaps. I have done this will postcards but will add this as a good idea too. Hope you don't or he don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. What fun art! Gorgeous rug Boswell is sitting on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's on loan from my Mom. She's not really a dog person so I'm sure we'll have a discussion about Boswell's boundaries!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's too funny! The first one made me laugh - after I got over being startled! :) What a good idea...and fun, too. Can't wait to see the finished foyer - cute little doggy. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I giggled when I first saw these prints. If you could reduce them in size they'd make cute greeting cards, too. I'm trying to be patient with the foyer but the blandness is about to get to me. Might have to break out the paint can.

      Delete