Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 29, 2013


       When maps-as-wall-art first came on the decorating scene some
       designers considered it a fad.  But the trend is still popular and
       adds an interesting element to just about any decorating scheme.















































The Klein                    
































A Pop of Pretty






Apartment Therapy






Ciao, Newport Beach






Ciao, Newport Beach




In addition to searching thrift shops and flea markets for
vintage maps, check out online sources such as eBay





Bradford Avenue






Houzz






Junk Garden Girl





The Boo and The Boy






Knotting Hill Interiors






Ciao, Newport Beach






Nautical Cottage


Consider hanging a map over that bare spot on the
wall 'til you find that 'forever' (i.e., $) work of art.

7 comments:

  1. I love these ideas. I had a couple old vintage roll down schoolhouse maps. I loved them, but really didn't know what to do with them. Sold them in a yard sale about 15 years ago. Of course I've kept things that really were junk :)
    but, life goes on . . . maybe whoever bought them will be selling them in their yard sale this summer, and I'll just happen along, LOL
    Have a great week.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I'll bet you're right - those maps are probably hanging in someone's house right now and every time they look at them they're so proud of their purchase!

      Delete
  2. I think a map as artwork is a brilliant idea! I love your collection of inspriations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, this is a wonderful post. You shared mountains of inspiration. I have a wall that needs a MAP. Now off to the store. Oh, wait! It is SNOWING again and I am so suffering from Cabin Fever - again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maps are so wonderful when used for artwork...also useful :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selection! I love old maps. :D

    ReplyDelete