Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 7, 2013

Moving Day on the Farm by Grandma Moses


It's Moving Day!

We're on the road to our new home in north Alabama.
Boswell and Archie have taken their 'travel cocktail' and
are snoring in their crates, blissfully unaware that the miles
are speeding by as Florida is fading in the distance.  

Please don't think this idea is self-indulgent but I thought I'd post
pictures of the house before the furniture is delivered and share
them with you.  Many years ago a good friend gave me such
wonderful advice, "Don't decorate immediately.  Let the house
speak to you."  I can hardly wait to hear what it (She!) has to say.

Thank you for your support and patience as Bob and I undertake
this relocation.  Hope to be able to post pictures soon.  Wish us luck!



6 comments:

  1. Good luck settling into your new home. Happy New Year! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at your new home !
    I wish this year will be full of love , happy and health !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can think is "Sweet home Alabama, where the skies are so blue. Sweet home Alabama, Lord I'm coming home to you..." :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the new place and what you do with "her"! We moved from the Panhandle of Texas back to central west Texas three years ago - in the dead of January, in the middle of a blizzard and ice storm. Wasn't much fun (due primarily to the crummy weather), but what a wonderful feeling it was to be going to a new home!!! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I would just pass out if somebody told me I had to move-too much work! Can't wait to see your new place and how you decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on your transition! :) So true. Assess the entire house first before putting on interior decorations. Don't forget the pictures.

    ReplyDelete