Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 9, 2013



Remember back in 2011 when black and white stripes were
          
                                The Rage ?






Well, it looks as if that color combo is still going strong:

















I couldn't get a bit of work done at this desk
with that wallpaper staring me in the face!






This is either the bravest or the craziest decorating treatment
I've ever seen - hardwood floors painted black and coated with
polyurethane to keep them shiny.
















Hmmmm.....another black painted floor.














































Don't wake up with a headache and
walk into this bathroom.  Yikes.







I thought babies were suppose to have lots of color around them
during their early months.  I know, I know - black and white are colors.
(Negative colors.)



























I can hear the set designer now - 
"Lint brush.  Does anyone have a lint brush?"
















Why does this bathroom remind me of Alice In Wonderland?!











 EVMB




















Whether you like a black and white scheme or
not, you have to admit - it's pretty dramatic.

5 comments:

  1. I do like the wall of artwork in black and white and the bathroom with the vine wallpaper. Black and white can be so sophisticated in the right setting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on that alphabet wallpaper. I love graphics, but that is a bit overkill. The one thing I would really like is a black and white checkerboard floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite photo is the dining room with the glossy black floor, I saw a version of this about 10 years ago in a decor mag and instantly loved it. Wow, it definitely has the designer factor and it looks great! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about stripes or busy patterns, never liked them. But black with white accents is nice. Though I'd through in some gray too. Less dramatic, more calming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was 16 years old I imagined that one day I'd have an apartment in a big city (ha!), with stark white shag carpet (HA!) and all black lacquer furniture with a dash of bright yellow accents. Who knew 50 years ago I was so ahead of my time?! (Please forgive the shag carpet. We all make mistakes!) -- Jan

    ReplyDelete