Visit our Online Flea Market!

October 13, 2011

The Cure

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." 
                                                             
                                                                 -- Isak Dineson (Baroness Karen Blixen), author of Out of Africa



Today I'm taking The Cure.  Bob and I are heading out to the beach and, if I can't be with my family, the sea shore is my second choice.

But don't worry - you're coming with me.  How could I blog without you? 

We'll check out coastal thrift stores, bargain hunt, and we might even find
a few surprises.





The beach is the chiropractor of life realignment.  Sitting in the sand with your toes in the water, looking out over the soothing waves, and hearing the gulls fuss - it brings life down a notch and helps put things into perspective.




Life is all about balance.
  


So enjoy these pictures and the next time you hear from me,
I'll be sitting on a balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico!







  Beach Bath, before                                                        Beach Bath, after






How many raw oysters will Bob have to eat in order for me to make this darling shell mirror?!

 



















Little Tybee Island beach house porch, before                 Little Tybee Island beach house porch, after




 Beach Shack, Before (1967)                                           Beach Shack, After (2010)



Beach Shack Living Room (Before)              Beach Shack  Living Room (After)




















Marshfront Cottage, c. 1927                    Marshfront Cottage today

Marshfront Cottage was once owned by Henry Ford.  Developers decided to tear it down in order to make more "efficient" use of the propertyPreservationists stepped in, moved the house to the beach and restored it to it's present charmingfulness!

Images:  Coastal Living;  Southern Living;  TybeeIsland.org

No comments:

Post a Comment