Visit our Online Flea Market!

September 13, 2012

If anything I write or post on my blog is offensive, I apologize.  BUT . . . . . . .


. . . . . . this is an example of why I love antiquated, historic
dwellings - I don't want to live like a hampster!


And, I completely 'get' that flea marketing, junking, and
thrift shopping isn't for everyone, BUT . . . . . . .


. . . . . it's an actuary fact that fewer people die at flea markets,
junk shops, and thrift stores than mountain climbers.  Just sayin'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving on.  This is a B&A that you're going to LOVE:
I'm so envious I can hardly type.  What a dream of a sewing
station - it started out as a cutting table in the fabric section
of a department store!  For full details on the renovation
check out Jamie Lott's site, Southern Revivals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't want to upset you but you need to know that Christmas is
a little over 100 days away.  Yikes!  Calm down - I have a plan.

How about giving repurposed/recycled gifts this year?!




These are just a couple of the many beautiful and UNIQUE pieces
handcrafted by Kaylin Lang from vintage and reclaimed jewelry.
Visit her Etsy shop as well as others on the site for unusual and very
reasonably priced gifts that can't be found in the mall.  

Another GREAT gift idea I found at A Femme d'Un a Certain Age
is this unusual journal:

What's so different about this five-year journal?  It asks
you a single question every day!  Here are few examples:

          "If you could change something about today, what would it be?"
          "What's your favorite question to ask people?"
          "List three foods you ate today."
          "What art movement best describes you today?  Surrealism?  Modernism?"
          "Who do you want to know better?"

Not only is this an inexpensive gift, it's perfect for EVERY age group.
Priced at only $11.00 it's a wonderful surprise for any budding writer.

The hardest part of any job is just getting started.
So get started on your shopping list today!

4 comments:

  1. oh my god that mountain picture makes me so uncomfortable!! i'll stick with yardsales and goodwills, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did some gift giving to my sister for her birthday. She finally seen some of the things I have been doing,and understands it better. Course, she fell in love with some pcs I did for my home. Sooo, for her birthday I went thrifting, and found her a vintage pink glass garland oval bowl with little feet, and then I got some glass candle holders, and some glass cylinders. I attached the holders to the cylinders, got her some yummy smelling scents to put in with some candles, and was she thrilled! To her it means more cuz it came from me, but because I put my own special touch to some of the pcs too. Very cost efficient for me, she got 3 glass pcs with the accessories, and it was something she really liked too:)

    Kim
    LilacsNDreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you're so right - friends and family really do appreciate gifts we make or spend time collecting for them. Many Christmases ago I gave one of my daughter-in-laws her first piece of Goofus Glass and she loved it. I love shopping for people who have a special interest - it's so much fun finding something to add to their collection.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm glad you found me. Now I am following you too. I hope you have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete