Visit our Online Flea Market!

December 9, 2013



Would you consider an alternative to a holiday tradition?

Possibly a repurposed Christmas tree . . . . . .


 
 


 According to the Environmental Protection Agency, a billion
computers worldwide will be discarded over the next 5 years.
Maybe a 'techno tree' isn't such a bad idea:

 
 
 
Although this lighted silhouette tree was strung outside,
the idea can also be replicated inside the house:


What can you do with a pile of cardboard strips? 
 

How 'bout adding a little green florist
tape and making a Christmas tree?!
                                                                                                                                     Source


 
Designer Giles Miller created a 20 foot
tall tree using 3,600 pieces of cardboard:

Trend Hunter


Kindling has more uses than just for starting fires:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This is one of my favorite uses of a chalk wall:
 I love the little bird drawn on the light fixture!

 
 

 
 Well, we don't have to wonder what to do with those small balls
of yarn and extra coat hangers we all have lying around, do we?!
 





A teepee tree?!
Jubiltree


Consider donating your surplus hardback books to the
thrift shop after you've used them this Christmas.
Andrea Springer



Jessica Rew



Yes, creating a Christmas tree out of books is a novel idea!

Trend Hunter


If you're not interested in using the books,
maybe you'd consider using the pages:



Home Talk



Apartment Therapy


A board, a few nails, some string . . . . . .






Creative Works


 Decal Christmas trees add a whimsical touch to your Christmas décor:
  

 



Swedish artist Michael Johansson creates sculptures
from found objects.  His faux Christmas tree doubles
in size when stacked against a mirror:

 
I've always been a traditional kind of gal
but I'm kind of diggin' this painted tree:


If you or a neighbor have cut down an unwanted
tree maybe it could be upcycled this holiday:


Or maybe just a few branches would do:
Decoracions



French By Design

Whether you choose a traditional Christmas tree or an
adventurous alternative, it definitely reflects your personality.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're so creative and perfect for students in dorms or folks who don't want to put up a tree. I really like the painted tree as a holiday decoration. -- Jan

      Delete
  2. I love these. I'll stick with our real tree as long as possible, but it's nice to think we could be creative if necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too much of a traditionalist to give up a real tree but these would be darling in schools or offices. Thanks for stopping by! -- Jan

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! What more can I say. Every time I saw one that I thought couldn't be topped, you showed me another.
    I cam amazed!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really are some imaginative tree ideas, aren't they? Even if you put up a real tree these would be cute as additional decorations. -- Jan

      Delete
  4. Some of these would be great in a commercial setting or at a school. The book trees would be ideal in a library, wouldn't they? -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible ideas. I have actually done one or two of these but on a small scale. I had talent and didn't even know it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that a lot of the 'alternative' trees could be found in single young adults' homes. After you have children it's almost impossible to not have a traditional tree. Even if you didn't use one as your primary tree, most still make darling holiday decorations. -- Jan

      Delete
  6. Jan- One idea is more clever than the next. Oh- I love them all. What fun!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some really are funny, aren't they? -- Jan

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan,
    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for the comment you left on my blog. It's nice to meet you. I hope you visit all of my blogs. I actually have 4 of them and you can find those links on the blog you visited (KaysWay). I adopted my dog Hiker after my husband passed away 2 1/2 years ago and she gave me a reason to live again. She is my best buddy. I love all of these Christmas trees. They are so cool. Please drop by my blogs anytime. I will enjoy your comments.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for your loss but our little furry friends really help us heal, don't they? I'll definitely check out your other blogs. Thanks so much for stopping by, Jan

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. They're very imaginative, aren't they? Love the creativity of them all. -- Jan

      Delete
  9. What creative ideas! I am simply smitten with a few of them and now the wheels are turning...maybe I will make one for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my favorites are the ones made from branches and twigs - they seem so Scandinavian and chic. Cut trees kind of make me sad, I really like a live tree that can be planted after the holidays. Thanks so much for stopping by! -- Jan

      Delete
  10. Wow, some pretty unique trees! I love the teepee tree.

    ReplyDelete