Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 5, 2015

People, is this progress?


German mantel clock, ca 1562:

Contemporary mantel clock:
Link

Work bench from the 1920's:
Source

Workbench today:
Link


Portable sewing machine, late 19th century:
Source

Pfaff 'walking' sewing machine today:
Source

Jane Austin's writing desk, Hampshire, England, 1813:

British writer Terry Pratchett, today:
Link


Persian spice box, 1850:

Spice rack, today:
Link




Door latch and key, ca 1760:
Source

Typical door lock set, today:
Link


Victorian mail boxes:

Cluster mail drop today:

Cash register, 1890:

Today's cash register:
Link



Barber's chair, 1860:
Barber's chair, 1925:

Barber's chair today:




Victorian desk chair:

Desk chair today:



Desk calendar, 1910:

Desk calendar, 1920's:

Typical promotional calendar today:
Link

Photo locket, 1915:


Photo locket today:


1111 Madison Avenue, NYC, 1901:

1111 Madison Avenue, NYC, today:

Progress?  Not in my opinion.

Okay, maybe a few things are better today!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous post today !
    So many I would love to have especially the lockets.

    I have noticed You don't seem to get many comments.
    I am sure you have many readers because your blog is so much fun.
    And one of my favorites. I look forward to reading it.
    Although some days I can't get to read any blogs and have to play catch up.
    I hope you keep up this great blog.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete