Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 15, 2014


Library / Reading Room. ... Like use of contrasting trim work ...


Have you heard the term reading room?   That's the 'up and coming' trend in decorating - a room in your home dedicated to reading.

A calm place to immerse yourself in a book is a thing of beauty.  It doesn't have to be a large room - it can be a nook, a guest room that's only used a few times a year, a hallway with enough room for a comfortable chair . . . . . .
Reading Rooms |



reading room! I love this!



The smallest of spaces are adequate for a reading nook.


Adorable reading room



Where better to introduce young ones
to the joys of reading than in the nursery?

Photo:  Hi 'ya, luv




reading room.





This is very close to the reading nook/niche I've always imagined for my perfect dream home. :)



Is this not THE COOLEST room divider ever?!


cute cubes.
Aren't these cubes amazingly efficient?
Reading Rooms |
Chelsea de Luca


"If one reads enough books one has a fighting chance.
Or better, one's chances of survival increases with each
book one reads."  -- Sherman Alexie


Bookcases with white lights / reading room
Spirit Vines


\\\living space


Houzz
Good lighting and a comfortable seat are all
you need to snuggle up with a great book.


Reading room

So you're thinking, "What's the difference between a library and a reading room?"

A library is a room to hold your book collection.  A reading room is a special, comfortable retreat for reading books from your collection.



reading room
From Moon to Moon


Not really diggin' the wallpaper but I love the retro concept:
Reading room


One of my sacred places and spiritual comnections: my love of reading...what a lovely Reading nook
Archetypes

"There is no friend as loyal as a book."  -- Ernest Hemingway

The Reading Room #library


Reading Room

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge
from almost all the miseries of life."  - W. Somerset Maugham

reading room


Reading room!
My Little Dream House



Elle Decor


Great reading room


Convert smallest space into snug reading room
Source

Reading room


a calming reading room
Jetsetter, Los Angeles





Love this reading room
Houzz


Zona de lectura
Source

Never enough books.

5 comments:

  1. I love to see rooms lined with book shelves full of books! I have a very difficult time sending books out my door! I always want to keep them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time we've moved my husband has lamented the number of books I own. He doesn't understand why you'd keep a book you've already read and I keep telling him that rereading a favorite book, "is like visiting with an old friend." -- Jan

      Delete
  2. Yes, everyone needs a "Book Nook". I love the Chair with the ocean view, and the Window Box with the trees...and I truly agree with CS Lewis remark about tea and books. Thanks for the book tour. I have my corner...and my book bag that goes with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! We are putting in a reading room right now! (Well, not right now, you know how long remodeling can take...especially when you are a do it yourself-er) I will be checking back on this one frequently. Such beautiful ideas. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living in a house bursting at the seams with books, this post really appealed. I absolutely love that room divider, and have the perfect place for it. All I need to do now is convince my husband to build it!

    ReplyDelete