Visit our Online Flea Market!

July 26, 2013

Well, it's Friday and you know what that means - time for some
pre-weekend inspiration via a few amazing Before & After projects.

First off I want to introduce you to Michele of Glendora Village,
California.  Michele's company is Knot Too Shabby Furnishings
where she specializes in turning the outdated into the updated:


While most of us live too far away to visit Michele in person, we
can admire her results at Knot Too Shabby Furnishings online.

We've all seen numerous bedside tables at thrift shops and passed
them right by.  They're perfect for a Before & After project - small
sturdy, versatile, and usually inexpensive. 


At first I thought this was an old sewing machine
cabinet but it's actually an antique lady's writing desk:


If you've never visited Beth and Nick at Sawdust & Embryos then you
need to get yourself over there right now.  They're amazing and so
down-to-Earth.  Here are just a few of examples of their many talents:

Click here for a terrific tutorial on how this dramatic effect was created.



I've seen distressed patio benches, like the one below, sitting on
the side of the road and I'm ashamed that I didn't rescue them.
Home Jelly
Beautiful results!


These next few renovations are brought to you by
Better Homes & Gardens:



Who would have thought that a plain commercial table could be
transformed into such a darling kitchen table?  I love the faux carved legs.



Oh, the wonders that can be accomplished
with fabric and an electric stable gun!



Can you believe that this is the same wardrobe?!

                                 Before

                                                                                                                                             After 
Well, this last B&A has blown my mind.  (I hope it's not
a permanent condition 'cause I have to drive from Minnesota back
home to Alabama tomorrow.)   Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. The tutorial by Sawdust and Embryos is inspiring. What a stunning effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never thought about using stain with paint until I saw their tutorial - it's amazing. -- Jan

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the before and afters of the park bench - so much so I got my husband looking at it and (told him) requested we do do something similar to our outside bench. Come on summer.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started this blog I considered the name The Honey-Do List! That bench definitely turned out darling. -- Jan

      Delete
  3. I love the mustard colored bedside table with the rose knobs and the bench idea is great! I have three of them sitting out, looking sad. Thanks for sharing the links. xo

    ReplyDelete