Visit our Online Flea Market!

July 2, 2013

Two of our Favorite Things

What are two of our favorite topics at fleaChic?  That's right - Repurposing
and Before & After projects.  Here are a few clever ideas that combine both:


You don't have to spend a small fortune to have beautiful accent pillows.
Just stop by your favorite thrift shop, find some blouses or tops you like,
take them home and turn them into pillows.



Here's an inexpensive entertainment idea:
 Before                                                                            After

DIY Inspired
Paint and cabinet handles are all you need to turn a framed mirror into a serving tray.


You know my weakness for old dressers that have been renovated and repurposed:
   Before                                                                                  After                             Our Blue Front Door



Check out this adorable play kitchen that was a work station:

Utah County Mom
It even has a faux trash compactor and a crock pot!



I simply ADORE this next idea - converting storage bins into seating:

Apartment Therapy
This is actually one of those amazing 'no sew' projects:
1.  fill a storage bin to capacity to stabilize it
2.  place a board over the top of the lid for strength
3.  cover it with a quilt or blanket and pin the corners into shape
4.  place pillows or a throw casually over it for eye appeal
Viole!  Instant No-Sew Seating!
P.S.  If you know a college student be sure to share this idea with them.
Dorm rooms are infamous for their lack of storage.

I'm sorry that today's post is so short.  Hubby and I have volunteered
to work with a Wounded Warrior  project today and he's about to
pull out of the driveway without me!  See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent ideas. I think the dresser works particularly well.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. It is good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jan,
    You just left a comment on my blog and so I just had to check yours out...wonderful - love all the ideas here.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a play kitchen?! Wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these ideas today! The play kitchen is amazing! Some day I hope to have grandchildren and this would be perfect! My kids participate in the 'Tough Mudder' events for the Wounded Warrior project. A wonderful organization. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature. What a great storage idea for college students or those living in a small apartment. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. I love making new pillows from old clothes and sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you won't believe this but I was just going through my skinny clothes and came across a skirt that I loved and won't fit around my leg now and thought...hmmm...great pillow!! And to Mississippi Artist...love the thought of sweaters too!

    ReplyDelete