Visit our Online Flea Market!

May 24, 2013


I don't know about you but I need a little Before & After inspiration
to get ready for the weekend.

   Before                                                                              After
 

These windows look so much more polished and complete now that they're
framed, don't they?

You're right - it's not time, yet, for our Mid-Century Modern talk.  I just
want to showcase a few spectacular projects from Trevi Vintage Designs:
Before                                                  After
Don't be afraid to give MCM pieces an updated look with a touch of paint.
Before                                                                   After  
Before                                                        After
Who would have thought that such a gorgeous credenza
was hiding underneath that brutal flat black paint?


Betsy at My Salvaged Treasures found a small children's desk at a flea market
and transformed it with a decoupage treatment:

 Before

Photos and pages from a vintage children's
writing book were 'elementary' ingredients: 
   After 
Betsy gave the little desk a professional make-over by also decoupaging the desk drawer.


It took an experienced eye to see the potential in this pitiful yard sale cabinet:
Before                                                            After

You couldn't ask for a more beautiful campaign chest to grace your home.


Repurpose a closet by removing the door, hanging wallpaper, adding a drape,
and installing a desk:
   Before                                                        After


This last project makes me sad and kind of mad, too.  Whoever thought
that painting a beautiful old church with "street art" needs to have their
head examined.  It's a crime against architecture!
Before:                                                     After:
 
If you can stand it, click here to see a
pictorial progression of the end result.


Well, it's Friday and I'm off to yard sale shop.  Hope
 you have a fun and relaxing (or productive!) weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love the wallpapered closet! The church is so wrong! Have fun yard sale shopping.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Liz! I love the closet and the church is just awkard, right? Or maybe I am too old fashioned...

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, I am loving yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-ya. Nice to meet you. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and signing on as a new follower. It's my pleasure to return the favor. As a flea market lover, seems like a pretty darned good fit.

    That church? Dreadful! I'm not even a fan of covering the beauty of wood behind a coat of paint, let alone dressing a church up like a clown.

    Count me in as your newest groupie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cupcakes, Batman. I am impressed with this post. Wonderful to see the before and after. Funny thing too, I just got done shooting before pictures of our garden space. We're off for the week so we get to work on the after, woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan: I love your bio...I collect a lot of recipe books and don't cook much! Thanks for stopping by fairiesmarket.blogspot.com and leaving a comment. All I can say is that I'm impressed. You have vision and you are able to create and transform stuff into lovely collectibles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when people see the potential and act upon it - I'm so uncreative With a copy cat kind of style. Have fun yard selling!!

    ReplyDelete