Visit our Online Flea Market!

December 12, 2012

You might have noticed that I have a healthy addiction to
repurposing ideas.  I just can't get enough!




       How darling are these little snow
       people made out of balls of string?!


'Tis the Season to repurpose your 'junk' jewelry,

your flea market finery, your thrift store trinkets:




These clever artists repurposed some beautiful vintage pieces of jewelry
into Christmas tree works of art:
   
                           Angie Duke                                                      Chelseann Bass










At thrift stores do you ever run across used books printed in
German or other foreign languages?  Use the pages to decoupage
old Christmas balls.  Add glitter.  Very elegant!




This lovely star is 'composed' of sheet music -

as are these Christmas balls.




When you have to replace a light bulb, do you toss the old one
into the trash or the recycle bin?  Stop - save it for Christmas!

Just be careful when handling light bulbs.
They break easily but can be tons of fun.




Yes, these are light bulbs wrapped
in twine.  Precious!


Ever find yourself with just one glove?
Turn it into a squirrel:
Great stocking stuffer!




Old sweaters make great mittens, too:


I hope today's repurposing ideas inspire you
to create your own upcycled holiday crafts.

10 comments:

  1. So many good ideas, but I particularly like those Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the squirrel and the sweater mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable ideas! I love the Christmas trees with the "junk" jewelry (I have a BOX of orphaned earrings), and those twine snowmen? Could not be cuter.
    THANKS... Love posts that feed my imagination.
    Merry Christmas!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such great ideas! I love the jewelry Christmas trees, they are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness . . . I love, love, love this post!!! First the snowmen . . . how very creative and then those trees, they are magnificent. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for old rhinestone jewelery. Thank you for sharing . . . do come over and enter my Give-Away.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these, the book print ornaments are my favorite, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so going to make those snowmen! All of those ideas are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started doing jewelry art...so much fun! What kind of glue do you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete