Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 26, 2015


One day last week I was driving down a neighborhood street
and came to a screeching halt.  Sitting abandoned on the sidewalk
was an antique upright piano sporting a FREE sign:
It had just started to snow and icy little crystals
were already accumulating on the poor thing.

The cabinet was in excellent, if very dirty, condition: 
It made me so sad to drive away, leaving
the piano sitting on the icy sidewalk.

When I got home I logged on and searched for repurposed
upright pianos. In the past I've posted photos of pianos that
had been turned into bars but I found something new and
interesting - pianos that were converted into desks:
Link













Link


Link




Link
Ironic - a piano that holds an electronic keyboard.



Link



Link



Link
Okay, it's not a desk but it's an awfully clever wine rack.

The next day I drove back to check on the piano but it was gone!
Someone had seen its beautiful potential.  I'm so happy this story
had a happy ending.  The End.

7 comments:

  1. Bardzo oryginalny pomysł - podziwiam i pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you see that dirty and forgotten piano?
    I wonder if it's still there?
    Cause I'm ready to jump into my car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love the idea of converting a piano to a desk, you certainly missed a great opportunity there. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that someone picked it up! I have not seen them converted into desks before- that's really neat. I wonder if they still weigh a ton after the conversion. I know they are the hardest things ever to move. Had one in the antique mall that got moved twice in like 3 years. Just too heavy to be dragging them around much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness some one picked it up and had a truck to move it.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it was picked up - it really was quite unusual.
    Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sad that they could not try to sell it first. Not for the money, but to give it a good home.

    ReplyDelete