Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 26, 2015


One day last week I was driving down a neighborhood street
and came to a screeching halt.  Sitting abandoned on the sidewalk
was an antique upright piano sporting a FREE sign:
It had just started to snow and icy little crystals
were already accumulating on the poor thing.

The cabinet was in excellent, if very dirty, condition: 
It made me so sad to drive away, leaving
the piano sitting on the icy sidewalk.

When I got home I logged on and searched for repurposed
upright pianos. In the past I've posted photos of pianos that
had been turned into bars but I found something new and
interesting - pianos that were converted into desks:
Link













Link


Link




Link
Ironic - a piano that holds an electronic keyboard.



Link



Link



Link
Okay, it's not a desk but it's an awfully clever wine rack.

The next day I drove back to check on the piano but it was gone!
Someone had seen its beautiful potential.  I'm so happy this story
had a happy ending.  The End.

8 comments:

  1. Bardzo oryginalny pomysł - podziwiam i pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you see that dirty and forgotten piano?
    I wonder if it's still there?
    Cause I'm ready to jump into my car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love the idea of converting a piano to a desk, you certainly missed a great opportunity there. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that someone picked it up! I have not seen them converted into desks before- that's really neat. I wonder if they still weigh a ton after the conversion. I know they are the hardest things ever to move. Had one in the antique mall that got moved twice in like 3 years. Just too heavy to be dragging them around much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness some one picked it up and had a truck to move it.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it was picked up - it really was quite unusual.
    Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sad that they could not try to sell it first. Not for the money, but to give it a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cheap asics running shoes cheap continuing asics running shoes sale ed lie and said ha ha, in fact, Cheap dead, leaving a huge asset, and I was the cheap can not say that these protection rackets and drug trafficking money is cheap asics running shoes earned, cheap asics running shoes or else you did not dare to kill you. cheap asics running shoes only heir, so the money belongs to me. asics shoes sale uk Oh, really do. Of course is true, but also true than the money in your hand.

    ReplyDelete