Visit our Online Flea Market!

April 14, 2014


Monday might not be the most popular day of the week but it's one of the hardest working.  And that's what repurposing is all about - getting extra work out of just about anything.

Let's start this Repurposeful Monday with craft and sewing supply upcycling.


Brilliant idea - glue a measuring tape
around the edge of your sewing table.


Maybe I'll make a pendant out of one of my grandmother's thimbles.


Okay, I don't have the before photo but can you tell what this use to be?
Source
That's right!  An outdated entertainment center
was converted into a sewing and craft station.


You'd either need a large light fixture
or a small fish to make this work.


What a cute way to display a collection of miniature ceramic animals.




At your next informal dinner party consider using
small craft watering cans as place card holders.


Vintage flatware and utensils can be repurposed
a multitude of different ways:

Yup, this fork was twisted into an egg cup holder.


These little guys are adorable:

Design Swan


Star burst mirrors are so popular.  This flatware
mirror looks darling in the dining room.


It's easy to forget that silver plated knife handles are hollow.  
Source via David E. Perry Photography
They make exquisite petite flower holders.


I really don't know why you'd need a tiara made 
from tarnished old flatware but it's a charming idea.


Here are some exceptional household and gardening repurposing tips:
A Twister game mat makes an instant tablecloth.


Do you lose your tweezers a lot?  Glue a small magnet to
the inside of the medicine cabinet, stick the tweezers there
and you'll never lose track of them again.


If you have a lot of old books that are damaged or
out-of-date think about turning them into a rug:
Pamela Paulsrud came up with this clever idea
for using the covers of hardbound books.


A painted or decoupaged bowling bowl makes
a beautiful gazing ball for the garden:
My Repurposed Life
Yard sales are the best venues to find used bowling balls.
They're inexpensive and almost indestructible.


Old drawers stacked on a ladder are ideal for holding potted plants:
And expired rusty car tags make quaint outdoor fence sconces.


Martha Stewart
An old bicycle mounted on the side of
the house makes a perfect vine trellis.


Now that warmer weather is here the Dollar Tree
is stocking $1 swimming pool noodles:
My Two Butterflies
They make sturdy bases for holiday wreaths.

Heck, you don't need a holiday to make a wreath:
Genius!


There you have it - another Repurposeful Monday of exceptional upcycling ideas.  I hope these photos inspire you to consider other uses for everyday, ordinary objects in your home.

Make it a great Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so much find ferreting out little golden nuggets of repurposing.

      Delete
  2. Awesome ideas! I love the starburst mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the number of things you can do with flatware. I totally agree - that mirror is darling,

      Delete
  3. I have the measuring tape on my work table. I rarely use it but I love the way it looks.
    Wish I had that many wooden sewing thread bobbins, but the plastic ones would be better for outside.
    I really enjoy your posts.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about the plastic spools for thread - they would be so much better for outdoor wreaths. And I immediately glued a measuring tape to my sewing table when I saw that idea!

      Delete