Visit our Online Flea Market!

December 9, 2015

Let's have a Victorian Christmas party and wear period costumes.

First, pick a dress:



The Worth Fashion House of Paris created this dress
for Russian Empress Maria Fedorovna in 1890.

Link
Another court gown for Empress Fedorovna, 1880


Source
Velvet and silk gown designed by House of Worth,
Paris, 1898



House of Worth, Paris, 1893

Link

Link

Link

Source
Silk and brocade gown, Ireland, 1890

Silk gown, England, 1885

Link
Silk, satin, Chiffon, lace gown, England, 1890


Link
Red silk bustle gown from the film Bram Stoker's Dracula


Now, choose a cape:







We were going to choose a muff to keeps our hands warm
but all that I found were made from animal skins and that made
me sad.  So we're going to choose an evening purse instead:






Did you select your favorite bag?  Good.  Now would someone
please tell Albert, the butler, to call the carriage?  I do believe
we're ready to depart for the festivities!

7 comments:

  1. I'll take the Red dress, Black cape and Beaded purse!
    (any of them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all gorgeous, aren't they? I, too, would take any of them!

      Delete
  2. What an elegant period in time...glad that we can look back at it and not have to live it! I just can't imagine a bustle that is bigger than I am chasing after me with each step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how long it took to get ready to go out - can you imagine steaming or ironing any of these creations? Those bustles - oh, my. Our clothes are so comfortable today that I don't think our society will ever revert to such uncomfortable clothes.

      Delete
  3. There's just something about a white dress/red accents for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites - so feminine. And those purses are beautiful. Weren't clothes elegant 'back then'?

      Delete
  4. I would choose the very first dress, makes a nice silouette but probably I couldn´t breathe wearing the corsette underneath. Too bad that you haven´t had any shoes to choose.

    I´m ready to have fun!

    Nana from Germany

    ReplyDelete