Visit our Online Flea Market!

November 27, 2015

I hope that you and your family had a great Thanksgiving and
that you're still feeling a mild buzz from turkey overload.

Ready for a Before & After Friday?  Good, 'cause
I've got some great photos to share with you.

Today's first project involves a complete home renovation.  
Front porch, before:
 After:
The architect moved the garage to the rear
addition and remodeled the front facade:
 After:
The rear sun porch was converted to a dining room.
Before:
 After:
Charming!

Here's a kitchen remodel that was a complete success:
 After:
 Before (from another angle):
 After:
Such a sophisticated improvement.



I wouldn't have the courage to paint the paneling
of this den but the results are gorgeous.
Before:
 After:
What a remarkable ceiling.

These homeowners wanted to 'punch up' their deck and back yard:
 After:
That's quite a wallop!


Enough big projects.  Let's take a look at some 'weekend-able' adventures.

A pair of Early American end tables needed an update:
 After a French-inspired treatment:

A Mid-Century Modern side table was a little scuffed up:
 
So elegant after its re-do.

Yikes!  What lies underneath all those layer of paint?
 A gorgeous Mid-Century Modern cabinet:


This chest of drawers was in fairly rough shape:
Now it's a contemporary wonder:

A vintage dresser was in good condition
but was also a little gloomy:

Beautiful job!

Reproduction roll top desks were very popular 25 years ago:
This one received a refreshing paint job.

A reproduction French Provincial desk wasn't very exceptional: 
Link
Now it's extraordinary!

Here's a French Provincial dresser that looks fine:
After:

Link
I'm not 100% sure that I prefer the after.

A laminated dresser from the 60's was in need of an update:
 
Link
Boy, did it get one!

You don't run across a rattan wing back very often:
 After:
Who would have thought that a thrift shop
chair could turn into such an asset?
This last restoration blew me away - a dumpster
bicycle was salvaged and restored:
After:
Saved from the landfill!

I hope that you enjoy a relaxing long weekend and were
inspired to tackle a few before and after projects of your own.

3 comments:

  1. Incredible projects. The end tables were a particular delight, I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some really nice re do's here. I like what was done with the '60's laminated chest of drawers. The laminated look was one I never liked and see it is back in the shops again!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I had ran into your blog fifteen years ago. I am now in my sixties and as much as my mind enjoys looking at the before and after projects, my body feels too tired to even start one. Thanks though, for eye candy.

    ReplyDelete